$30K Grand Prize
Farming for Biodiversity
Sustainable land use management that integrates the consideration of biodiversity and ecosystems
Alternative pest control practices that reduce toxic run-off into local water sources
Organic farming methods that increase soil biodiversity (or other species)
Livestock control measures that protect local flora and fauna
Innovative approaches that reduce human-animal conflicts in agricultural zones
Organization: Naturefund e. V.
Organization: Fundación Nacional Somos
Organization: Desarrollos para un Futuro Sustentable, A.C.
Organization: Horticulture Research Institute, Box 810
Organization: Red Tsiri
- Context Analysis: Clear description of the challenges and of the context in which it operates and the challenges it faces.
- Solution: Solution is fully developed, addresses contest question and implemented at some scale.
- Actions: Clear, concrete steps in implementation. Engaged key partners and stakeholders along the way. Entrant understands how actions could connect to external initiatives as well.
- Results: Strong results associated with biodiversity conservation and of other co-benefits, such as economic, food security/nutrition, water, and/or climate.
- Sustainability: Economically sustainable solution
- Return on investment: Positive return (financial, social, or other) associated with investment in the solution
- Replicability: Extent to which the solution is could be replicated by other communities
- Applications must be submitted by March 10, 2017, 5:00 p.m. ET.
- If selected as the winner, applicant must agree to use the prize money to further the solution and organization’s goals.
- If selected as the winner, applicant must agree to comply with all national and international laws governing the transfer of any prizes, monetary or otherwise, across national and international boundaries.
- Agree to all terms of submission as described in the Terms and Conditions.